Here is an easy, peasy way to make your pet a piggy costume.
First! Gather your supplies.
- Measuring tape
- Fabric scissors
- 1 pipe cleaner
- Small dixie cup or any small cup.
- 4 large sheets of pink felt
- 1 large sheet of felt.
- Glue gun & glue sticks
Let's start with the tail.
Supplies for the tail: Elastic, pink felt, pipe cleaner, hot glue & scissors
1. Cut a piece of pink felt a little longer than the pipe cleaner and wide enough that it can fold over the pipe cleaner.
2. Place the pipe cleaner inside, wrap and glue the felt around it.
3. Twist the tail in a curly pig shape.
4. Measure your pet's waist. Then, glue the tail to a piece of elastic that will fit around your pets’s waist.
Now for that little piggy nose.
Supplies for the nose: small cup, pink felt, white felt, glue gun, glue sticks, scissors, thin elastic & hole punch
1. Cut the bottom of a small cup and wrap with a long piece of pink felt.
2. Trace bottom of cup on pink felt. Cut it out & hot glue it to the cup. Hole punch white felt or cut little circles of white felt & hot glue it on the nose.
3. Measure your pet's head and glue nose to the elastic.
Now for some ears:
Supplies for the ears: White elastic for headband, measuring tape, pink felt, glue gun, pencil & scissors
1: Cut two large ear shapes.
Step 2: Pinch and wrap around the elastic. Then secure with the hot glue.
Now, your cutie is ready to OINK around!
We would love to see your DIY Piggy Costume! #Hammyandme.
ThOinks for joining us!!
HOGS & KISSES,
Melanie and Hamlet